Starting in August ISCA will be holding regular live "Counselor Chats" for counselors to come together and talk and learn together as we navigate schools re-opening. For more information check out our Webinar Page to register.
* Indicates recommended resource from our Counselor Chat Series
Counselor Chat Resources
Social Emotional Learning Resources
- *Helping Students Process COVID-19 Emotions With This Lesson Plan (This includes: Reflecting on the song and creating a new pandemic song)
- *Relationships and Transitions
- *Counselor Self Care articles:
- *Reunite, Renew and Thrive: SEL Roadmap for Reopening School from CASEL - " The SEL Roadmap is designed to support school leaders and leadership teams in planning for the transition back to schools, in whatever form that takes. Schools at any stage of SEL implementation can use this roadmap to build upon existing efforts around community-building, school climate improvement, student well-being and mental health, trauma-responsive learning environments, restorative practices, and social and emotional competency development. It is also intended to help you reflect and act upon what you can do that is different..."
- *School Reentry Considerations Supporting Student Social and Emotional Learning and Mental and Behavioral Health Amidst COVID-19 from NASP and ASCA (pdf)
- * One school’s SEL approach for reentry VERY useful! A sample school plan which includes: SEL, Behavioral, and Trauma supports prior to students, with students, and throughout the year.
- Article: Why Every School Must Have A Social Emotional Learning Plan Prior to Reopening
- Comprehensive Toolkit: SEL in Different Learning Environments TOOLKIT: PLANNING FOR REENTRY from Move This World
Trauma Informed Resources