The ISCA Virtual Collaborative is a dynamic online conference that connects counselors worldwide, providing interactive sessions, knowledge from speakers, and opportunities for learning, collaboration and inspiration, all from the convenience of your own location.
This year's event will take place over 10 days within October 18-24 and November 2-8, 2023
"Safe and Sound"
Keeping our students safe and our programs strong.
Child Protection - Keeping our students safe....
We will be featuring dedicated workshops on Child Protection, ensuring we equip you with the knowledge and strategies to create a secure environment for our children.
As a special highlight this year, we are privileged to have Dr. Jordan Greenbaum leading the way with over seven hours of comprehensive training throughout November. Dr. Greenbaum's expertise in the field of Child Protection will empower you with invaluable insights and skills to address crucial topics.
Topics covered during the Virtual Collaborative's Child Protection workshops include:
1. Responding to Children Who May Have Experienced Abuse or Neglect:
2. Child Sexual Abuse/Exploitation (CSA/E):
- Understand signs of abuse or neglect and learn appropriate response protocols.
- Gain essential skills and roles to provide support and assistance to affected children.
- Foster a safe and nurturing environment where children can disclose their experiences.
Define CSA/E and discuss its forms, risk factors and indicators observed by school professionals.
Learn the dynamics of the disclosure process
Understand appropriate responses when learning of a child’s disclosure as well as the impact of bias on our response.
3. Cultural Considerations in Child Protection:
4. Online Child Sexual Abuse/Exploitation: Protecting and Empowering Children:
5. Youth Suicide: Prevention, Intervention and Postvention for Schools:
- Address the emerging challenges of online child sexual abuse and exploitation.
- Learn strategies to prevent OCSE and to react appropriately when concerns arise
- Discover effective strategies to collaborate with authorities, caregivers, and online platforms.
Learn more about Dr. Greenbaum and Dr. Poland
Analyze the foundational issues for youth suicide.
Identify adverse experiences for youth and how they contribute to youth suicide.
Identify protective factors that prevent youth suicide.
Learn how to develop a comprehensive best practices model for suicide prevention.
Spotlight on Counseling Programs - Keeping our programs strong...
When we share the best parts of our counseling program and its impact, we inspire and equip other school counselors and communities to foster an environment that prioritizes social and emotional well-being, diversity, equity, inclusion, justice, and belonging.
Here's what you can expect from the Spotlight on Counseling Programs strand:
Inspiring Counselor-Led Workshops:
- Gain insights from international colleagues who have achieved remarkable results.
- Learn innovative techniques and evidence-based practices to strengthen your counseling program.
- Discover effective strategies for fostering social and emotional well-being in students.
Sharing Success Stories:
- Learn from a showcase of impactful initiatives from counseling programs around the world.
- Inspire others by sharing best practices, lessons learned, and success stories.
- Contribute to a collaborative learning environment where counselors empower one another.
Networking and Collaboration:
- Connect with like-minded professionals and build a supportive network.
- Engage in meaningful discussions, exchange ideas, and foster collaboration.
- Strengthen your professional community and expand your resources for ongoing growth.
Together, we can create school environments where every student feels valued, supported, and empowered to reach their full potential.
As always, our Virtual Collaborative will feature...
- 3-4 workshops per day throughout 10-days
- Virtual workshops from the comfort of your home or office
- Opportunities to connect with our community of international school counselors through Job-A-Like and Sip and Chat sessions (not recorded)
- Flexibility to attend live or view replays of the presentations and access all the materials, which will be available online until September 30, 2024
- Professional learning that lasts all year (12 months)
Call for Workshop Proposals
If you are interested in presenting…Consider a highlight of your counseling program and what it provides students. We invite you to showcase, in detail, how you implement this program at your school and how it could be transferable to another school. Apply by June 12, 2023. To learn more about presenting visit the Call for Proposals Page.